Monday, October 14, 2024

Looking Ahead to October 20, 2024 -- 22nd Sunday After Pentecost Proper 24B

The Scripture Readings this week are:

  • Psalm 92:1-4
  • Psalm 91

Did some playing with ChatGPT

The Sermon title is Thanks for Being There

Early Thoughts: When have you felt alone and isolated? What was that like? Did you feel vulnerable, unprotected, at risk?

One of the things I truly appreciate about the Psalms is that they invite me to explore, settle it, maybe even wallow in the reality of life with God. One of the other things that I appreciate about these ancient poems is that they can bring me comfort, they can remind me that God is there, they can tell me that God is looking out for me.

I could have chosen many different Psalm readings for that purpose.

Psalm 91 is, for me, a very comforting piece. Like many others I know the stomach churning that comes with feeling alone, isolated and vulnerable. Maybe that is why I have always been so drawn to the fact that A New Creed begins and ends with the affirmation that we are not alone.

This is our month of Thanktober, our Month Of Thanks, a time when I want us all to stop and reflect on why we are thankful.

More ChatGPT Playing

One of the reasons that I am thankful is that I am not alone, that it is not only my wits and strength that are going to protect me.

And that is a good thing.
--Gord

No comments:

Post a Comment